Friday, June 14, 2013

My Fitness Pal app

I downloaded the My Fitness Pal app on my Android phone and I LOOOOOVE it! I also created an online profile at www.myfitnesspal.com.  These are handy tools to keep track of your overall wellness at home or on the go.

Pros:
+Links to your online profile so you can use your computer OR phone
+Counts calories, fat, sugar, vitamins, etc. of your food/beverage intake and compares it to my daily limits to keep me accountable
+Scans the bar code of food packaging for quick input
+The nutrition database has nearly everything you search for
+You can add your own recipes and it makes that info searchable (ex. I added a smoothie recipe I regularly drink)

Cons:
-The scanner can be a bit difficult to focus and may take 2 or 3 tries, depending on the packaging type
-There are multiple entries with conflicting information (ex. a banana of differing brands may show a different calorie count) which makes me cheat and choose the item with the lowest calories
-The water consumption counter uses cups as the measuring unit, and I like to use ounces (simple conversion, but annoying)
-The exercise log gives you calorie credit for cardio exercise, but nothing for strength training, which MUST burn at least one calorie...? 


No comments:

Post a Comment